Our tours are designed to meet your needs and wishes. We like to serve you in a personal manner, so that you can get the most from your time on your trip. We offer women’s trips; family trips and camp; just-kids trips and summer camp; and corporate, team-building experiences. Don’t want to travel? Stay local and explore hidden and little known natural areas in your own backyard. Check out some local paddling locations and distances. Ready to start planning your next outdoor adventure? Visit our Rates & Schedule pages.
- Kayaking Excursions
- Kayaking Classes
- Winter Cross-country Ski and Snowshoe Trips
- Outdoor Explorations
As an Outfitter/Guide with American Canoe Association, our insurance is covered and the Bold Paths WAIVER FOR BOATING can be downloaded and brought to the event you are attending.
Thank you .
We offer guided hourly, full-day of multi-day paddling trips along the Connecticut River and on lakes throughout Vermont and New Hampshire for individuals and groups up to 12 people. Our trips are individually designed to accommodate all ages and ability levels from novice family trips to experienced paddlers seeking to refine their technique.
If you go kayaking with us, we teach from your experience and comfort level, and are happy to provide beginner instruction and advanced white water skills. We can provide kayaks for the experienced paddler and the brand new wary paddler. You do not need to swim to go kayaking. Our kayak trips are on flat or gently moving water, though we can help support your fast water experience. Our trips feature:
- Guided hourly, full-day or multi-day kayak trips
- Custom trips designed to suit your interests and abilities
- Client-designed trips organized by Bold Paths; leave the planning to us
- Camp at primitive campsites on the river’s or lake’s edge or local B&Bs
- We supply kayaks, paddles, PFDs
- Packages include paddling instruction as well as hands-on ecology lessons and wilderness survival
AMC kayak trip June 2-4, 2017
Welcome all paddlers, on an early summer guided flat-water kayaking trip on the Connecticut River in NH/VT.
- Join the first 2 day trip of the season on the Connecticut River between Orford NH and Thetford VT. Stay at the only B&B on the Connecticut River, http://www.breakfastonthect.com. Or camp nearby.
- amc june 2-4 kayak trip description
- AMC-BP kayak trip registration
- Gear list for kayaking and camping
- FOOD: all bring snacks for self and may bring to share. Bold Paths provides dinner Saturday night (curry w/ rice/quinoa), and lunch on Sunday, (wraps, humus, cheese, sprouts, pb & j, cookies, fruit ). Everyone pitches in on chores.
OSHER at Dartmouth paddling; Classes
Spring, summer and fall Osher classes are offered. 3 Tuesdays for each session.
- Spring and fall each have one on-land class time in Watershed Studies, and two sessions on the water, which include two 3-hour trips on the Connecticut River.
- Summer. Beginner class (3 days on the water) and Intermediate class (3 sessions on the water).
- To register, go to Osher at Dartmouth
WAIVER: Prior to you trip, please download and complete our release of liability waiver. The completed form may be turned in the day of your trip or it may be mailed to:
Bold Paths Adventure Travel
attn: Bonna Wieler
107 Miller Pond Rd
Thetford Center, VT 05075
or signed, scanned and emailed to: <email@example.com>
Women’s Kayak Trips
These beautiful locations provide a sense of solace, solitude, and connection with our incredible natural world. Allow yourself to enhance your energies and focus, recharging your self for the work ahead. Choose from three trips this summer.
- Green River Reservoir, to be determined–want to arrange for a trip? do you have friends or family you would like to adventure with? Let us know…
Paddle in to primitive campsites around the Green River Reservoir near Morrisville, VT, with beautiful bays and inlets. Explorations abound! Wilderness trails are accessible.
- Women’s kayak CT River trip 2018
- 1-3 days of paddling available
- contact us for additional trips
Our 10th annual Women’s trip on the Connecticut River; paddle to a B&B and walk to your boat for the next leg of the river journey. Flat moving water, delightful for a relaxing paddle or to stretch your muscles. Join us for the day or for the weekend, commute or make reservations at Breakfast on the Connecticut B&B, 603-353-4444
We will base our adventures from the Breakfast on the Connecticut B&B, (please make your own overnight reservations) and venture on Friday from Bradford VT 9 miles to Orford NH, on Saturday we will start in Orford and paddle to the B&B in Lyme 5 1/2 miles. After campfire dinner (or eating out), the next morning, Sunday, we launch from there (www.breakfastonthect.com) to paddle south 5.5 miles to lunch, and you can choose to get off the river or paddle another 3 or 4 miles further downriver–depending on interest and weather, of course.
You may choose to join us Friday, or just come Saturday, or even just come Sunday, or any combination of the three days.
Contact <firstname.lastname@example.org> for more details and to reserve your spot. All equipment is provided, but you may bring your own boat as you wish.
Family Focused Kayak Trips
Weekend and day trips may be customized for family-centered adventures catering to family members of all ages and abilities. Call for availability and locations. Treasure Island on Lake Fairlee is a favorite place to launch.
Join our fun Women’s weekends skiing at a Vermont cross-country area, or combine your downhill and cross-country love of skiing. Come as a beginner or a seasoned skier. Or create your own design and location and we can support your trip and teach ski and outdoor skills. If you would like to cross-country ski and need gear and instruction, let us know. Day trips and overnights available, camping or in a lodge. Our winter trips feature:
- Custom trips designed to suit your interests and abilities available
- Client-designed trips organized by Bold Paths; leave the details to us
- Guided trips range in length from half a day to 3 days
- Supported trips may be as long as you design, and any distance
- Some equipment may be borrowed
- Family activities
To learn what equipment you will need to provide and what Bold Paths provides for you to use, please download Bold Paths’ winter gear list. For extreme adventures, please download the winter gear list developed by the Appalachian Mountain Club.
Bold Paths has some cross-country skis for adults, plus all different sizes skis, boots, poles for children. There are local ski touring businesses/touring centers who have ski equipment for rent.
Join our cross-country ski lessons at Randolph Technical Career Center in Randolph, VT. Technique Day–$30 Saturday, Jan 16 12:30-3:30 pm
Trail Day–$30 Sunday, Jan 24 12:30-3:30 pm
We especially like to help you get out into the natural world and offer to enhance your experience with activities suited to your group. These may be team building games, group cooking, group exploring different areas. Whatever you need, we try to provide in a relaxed and personalized manner. You may design an experience for an afternoon, an overnight, or a week.
Bold Paths has set up trips to Slovenia to enjoy the cultural exchange with local people there, as well as time exploring the natural world in the Alps. Tours to Slovenia have been created by visiting all of the lodging and sites we will go to, and meeting the local guides and hotel and restaurant owners. The extremely wonderful local tour guides there take care of our needs, as well as have knowledge of the local customs and language, and are fluent in the English language.
- Paradise Golf: Slovenia’s Finest Courses
- The Culture and Craft of Slovenia: A Tour Especially for Women
- Slovenia Outdoors: A Family Adventure
Please download Bold Paths Release of Liability WAIVER FOR BOATING 2016. You can return it via email (scanned and emailed back), or by snail mail to: Bold Paths, 107 Miller Pond Rd, Thetford Center, VT 05075