Our tours are designed to meet your needs and wishes. We like to serve you in a personal manner, so that you can get the most from your time on your trip. We offer women’s trips; family trips and camp; just-kids trips and summer camp; and corporate, team-building experiences. Don’t want to travel? Stay local and explore hidden and little known natural areas in your own backyard. Check out some local paddling locations and distances. Ready to start planning your next outdoor adventure? Visit our Rates pages.
- Kayaking Excursions
- Winter Cross-country Ski and Snowshoe Trips
- Outdoor Explorations
- Stateside Adventures
As an Outfitter/Guide with American Canoe Association, our insurance is covered and the Bold Paths WAIVER FOR BOATING can be downloaded and brought to the event you are attending.
Thank you .
We offer guided hourly, full-day of multi-day paddling trips along the Connecticut River and on lakes throughout Vermont and New Hampshire for individuals and groups up to 12 people. Our trips are individually designed to accommodate all ages and ability levels from novice family trips to experienced paddlers seeking to refine their technique.
If you go kayaking with us, we teach from your experience and comfort level, and are happy to provide beginner instruction and advanced white water skills. We can provide kayaks for the experienced paddler and the brand new wary paddler. You do not need to swim to go kayaking. Our kayak trips are on flat or gently moving water, though we can help support your fast water experience. Our trips feature:
- Guided hourly, full-day or multi-day kayak trips
- Custom trips designed to suit your interests and abilities
- Client-designed trips organized by Bold Paths; leave the planning to us
- Camp at primitive campsites on the river’s or lake’s edge or local B&Bs
- We supply kayaks, paddles, PFDs
- Packages include paddling instruction as well as hands-on ecology lessons and wilderness survival
Prior to your trip, please download Bold Paths’ Release of Liability waiver-for-boating-2017. The completed form may be turned in the day of your trip or it may be mailed to:
Bold Paths Adventure Travel
attn: Bonna Wieler
107 Miller Pond Rd
Thetford Center, VT 05075
Signed forms may also be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our beautiful New England locations provide a sense of solace, solitude, and connection with our incredible natural world. Allow yourself to enhance your energies and focus, recharging your self for the work ahead. Destinations include:
- Green River Reservoir
- Connecticut River
Weekend and day trips may be customized for family-centered adventures catering to family members of all ages and abilities. Call for availability and locations.
Winter Cross-country Ski and Snowshoe Trips
Join us at a Vermont cross-country area, or combine your downhill and cross-country love of skiing. Come as a beginner or a seasoned skier. Or create your own design and location and we can support your trip and teach ski and outdoor skills. If you would like to cross-country ski and need gear and instruction, let us know. Day trips and overnights available, camping or in a lodge. Our winter trips feature:
- Custom trips designed to suit your interests and abilities available
- Client-designed trips organized by Bold Paths; leave the details to us
- Guided trips range in length from half a day to 3 days
- Supported trips may be as long as you design, and any distance
- Some equipment may be borrowed
- Family activities
To learn what equipment you will need to provide and what Bold Paths provides for you to use, please download Bold Paths’ winter gear list. For extreme adventures, please download the winter gear list developed by the Appalachian Mountain Club.
We especially like to help you get out into the natural world and offer to enhance your experience with activities suited to your group. These may be team building games, group cooking, group exploring different areas. Whatever you need, we try to provide in a relaxed and personalized manner. You may design an experience for an afternoon, an overnight, or a week.
Bold Paths has set up trips to Slovenia to enjoy the cultural exchange with local people there, as well as time exploring the natural world in the Alps. Tours to Slovenia have been created by visiting all of the lodging and sites we will go to, and meeting the local guides and hotel and restaurant owners. The extremely wonderful local tour guides there take care of our needs, as well as have knowledge of the local customs and language, and are fluent in the English language.
- Paradise Golf: Slovenia’s Finest Courses
- The Culture and Craft of Slovenia: A Tour Especially for Women
- Slovenia Outdoors: A Family Adventure
Going to extremes. Venture with us to the northern most state or head south for some sun and sand.
- Alaska: A trip to Southeast Alaska, with plenty of explorations, kayaking between islands, camping or town apartment stay.
- Crystal River, Florida: The trip features snorkling with the manatees, kayaking, fishing, swimming, hiking, and more.