Looking for a rustic living experience? We offer short-term and extended stay getaway options at $60 per night, double occupancy. Yurt goers wanting to rent for a day, week, month, or longer are welcome to inquire. Starting fall 2017, the 24′ yurt will be available for full time rental. The 20′ yurt is available mid June-mid August yearly, and oftentimes for a long period during the winter.
Location and Setting: Miller Pond Road, Thetford Center, Vermont, which lies 19 miles North of West Lebanon, NH, and an 1½ hour drive Southeast of Burlington, VT. The yurt which is only ½ an hour from Hanover, NH, or S. Royalton VT, is located on our 10-acre property surrounded by hundreds of acres of accessible land, with wonderful opportunities to hike, snowshoe and backcountry ski right out the yurt door. Their is terrian that is suitable for all ability levels. You can also enjoy wandering the open meadows nearby as well as escaping into the woods to catch glimpses of many kinds of birds and woodland creatures.
It is nestled OFF GRID in between a stream and a 3 bedroom solar panel home. The home, available in case of emergencies, houses the yurt caretaker and a friendly dog. The caretaker is happy to serve a guide to local history or as a guide or companion on woodland jaunts. The yurt has WIFI access, 3-season shower house, outhouse, with a winter flushable toilet and hot shower in the nearby home.
Enjoy a scenic 20-minute drive to historic Norwich home of the King Arthur Flour Bakery Shop, visit the night life of Hanover to see a play at the HOP, or stay in for the night to enjoy the solitude and quiet peaceful woods of Vermont.
Cross-Country skiers will be interested to know that we are only 8.8 miles away from Strafford Nordic Center and there are snowmobile trails quite handy. For those that crave the rush of downhill skiing or snowboarding, we are 14.8 miles from the Dartmouth Skiway. If you want to reach a larger downhill resort, we are only an hour and 20 minutes from Okemo Mountain and one hour from Killington Resort.
Miller Pond Access is 4 miles away so bring your boat or rent our kayaks. Take a jaunt up the hill in back of the house for a nice view of Cardigan Mountain, NH.
Yurt Highlights: You’ll find our 20 and 24-foot round yurts a great place to stay with friends and family. Once you are settled into your yurt, you will feel as though you’re miles from civilization and can start your back-country experience. Spacious and cozy for 2 folks to bunk in for the night, you;ll sleep on a handmade wooden loft bed. There is room downstairs for more mattresses for larger groups. The yurt is equipped with a kitchen area, sitting area, woodstove shower house, and a composting outhouse. We expect our guests to use their Leave No Trace camping skills while staying in our yurts and to leave it clean and tidy for the next guests.
What you need to bring
- Clothes appropriate for weather
- Sleeping Bag/Slippers
- Blow Up mattress or air bed (non-electric) for additional bedding
- Dog (if passed by caretaker)
- First aid supplies
- 1 full-size loft bed area
- 1 single futon couch that can be flattened to a bed
- 2 coffee tables
- Propane lantern and propane stove
- Pots, pans, griddle
- Cutting board, cooking and eating utensils
- Cleaning supplies/broom & dustpan
- Wash bowl, soap, and towels
- Garbage bags and toilet paper
- In winter, we provide a hauling sled to obtain snow or water from the nearby stream
- There is drinking water at the nearby house
- Cooler is available to keep food outside
- Dry firewood
Follow these simple rules to a happy yurting
- Pack it in, Pack it out! There is a compost pile for your leftover food on site
- Absolutely NO smoking in the yurt
- Restock firewood kindly for the next guests
- Proper use of outhouse is mandatory. No toilet paper in the woods; Burn in the stove
- Please keep all food in plastic bins provided for storage (Keep our mice population down)
- Keep the yurt clean and organized with all propane lights OFF
- Securely close door when leaving
Resources that are helpful:
- Long Trail Guide, Green Mountain Club
- The Catamount Ski Trail Guidebook
- WIFI is available upon request
- Kayak Rentals are available upon request
To make a reservation or for more information, please call 802-333-3549 or email us.