Our programs and workshops connect youth and adults with each other and with their environment, through activities that expand their horizons, their sense of self, and their connection with the community.
We provide small group outdoor experiences that focus on building environmental awareness through outdoor education activities such as camping, kayaking and learning primitive survival skills. Our experiential river and watershed studies and activities are aimed to help foster an awareness of the importance of environmental sustainability and stewardship. We explore our environment through natural arts to enhance our awareness of the connections between ourselves and our environment. Through this, people find their focus enhances their healing and energizing their lives.
We offer a broad range of experiences in the following areas:
- Year-Round Education Programming
- School Enrichment
- Workshops and Residencies
- Kayaking instruction and guiding
- contact us to set up your trip or instruction, boats and gear available
- from 2 hours and up, day trips and overnights with camping or lodging
- Vacation Camps
- April 17-21, 201, 3 days of this week/ ages 4-14 outdoor adventures and learning. Contact us with your interests/times/dates.
- After School Programs
- Mondays at Open Fields School, Thetford, VT
- Other programs as requested
- Watershed and River Education
- Osher at Dartmouth courses
- Programming and curricula available by request
- Summer Camps for Children
- June 26-30 Touching the Earth and Arts Camp ages 8-15, with overnight kayak trip on the Connecticut River
- Family-Centered Adventures
- choose your dates, let’s build an adventure
- Women-Focused Excursions
- Women’s kayak trip Sept 15-17, 2017
- Kayaking instruction and guided tours, equipment
- link to video about Tying down a kayak on your car:
- Cross-country skiing
One-time workshops and residencies as well as ongoing year-round programming is available. Programs and workshops designed for children and school groups are available during the school day as well as after school. Weekend and evening activities may also be scheduled on an individual or group basis.
Choose your Focus: outdoor and environmental education, primitive / outdoor skills, natural arts such as fiber arts, kayaking skills, cross country skiing skills
For more information, please call 802-333-3549 or email us.