Bold Paths specializes in customizing and personalizing trips to meet the needs of the participants (TLC). We are a small company with American Canoe Association (ACA) certified Essentials Kayak Instructors dedicated to taking very special trips with very special people. Are you meant to travel with us? We have years of experience taking people on the water and running camps for children. Now we are putting this happy experience to a new use in our family travel, women’s travel and kayaking adventures. Our trips are small, intimate, and personal. This year we are offering a few very special opportunities.
KAYAKING for all
We offer paddling half-day, full-day, and overnight trips on the Connecticut for up to 12 people, trips may be scheduled at your convenience. We provide all the necessary equipment and a certified guide/instructor. We particularly welcome groups of scouts, and other organizations for young people. We can arrange luxury trips based at a beautiful bed and breakfast, or inexpensive trips based at local camps. Our boats accommodate a variety of experience levels and body types.
Our trips feature:
- individual attention
- flexible teaching to suit your needs and experience
- kayaks suited for your ability level
- kayak instruction and coaching
- outdoor survival and camping skills
SEASONAL KAYAKING (May through October)
- Bold Paths Guided tours and instruction are available.
- Rentals are available with initial instruction.
- On the Connecticut River in the Upper Valley, at many locations.
- GO or NO-GO: The guide has the ultimate responsibility for your safety and will make all “GO and NO-GO” decisions. In the case of a “NO-GO” decision, you will have an option to re-schedule your tour, receive a full refund or join another tour that is not affected by the day’s conditions.
The cornerstone of our kid-friendly offerings is our Touching Earth and Arts Camp that teaches children technical outdoor skills, leadership, and environmental ethics along with a deep appreciation of and connection with the world we inhabit.
Our tours are designed to meet your needs and wishes. We like to serve you in a personal manner, so that you can get the most from your time on your trip.
We offer tailor-made trips for women, families with or without children, children with or without parents, and businesses seeking corporate, team-building experiences. We also feature trips for you and your canine companion.
Cross Country Skiing and Nordic Skating
Trips are planned throughout the winter, please see sidebar for dates.