Bold Paths specializes in customizing and personalizing trips to meet the needs of the participants. During Covid-19, we are only running small day trips and instruction (up to 6 people).
We are a small company dedicated to making your adventure and learning experiences meaningful and tailored to your needs. Operated by American Canoe Association (ACA) certified Kayak and Canoe Instructors, we have years of experience taking people on the water, as well as conducting camps for children. We have kids camp sessions, family travel, women’s travel and kayaking/canoeing adventures. Our trips are small, intimate, personal, and tailored to your needs.
KAYAKING and CANOEING for all
We offer paddling half-day, full-day, and overnight trips on the Connecticut for up to 12 people. Trips may be scheduled at your convenience. We provide all the necessary equipment and a certified guide/instructor. We particularly welcome groups of scouts, and other organizations for young people. We can arrange luxury trips based at a beautiful bed and breakfast, or inexpensive trips based at local camps. Our boats accommodate a variety of experience levels and body types.
Our trips feature:
- individual attention
- flexible teaching to suit your needs and experience
- kayaks suited for your ability level
- tandem canoes
- kayak and canoeing instruction and coaching
- outdoor survival and camping skills
SEASONAL KAYAKING (May through October)
- Bold Paths Guided tours and instruction are available.
- Rentals are available with initial instruction.
- On the Connecticut River in the Upper Valley, at many locations.
- GO or NO-GO: The guide has the ultimate responsibility for your safety and will make all “GO and NO-GO” decisions. In the case of a “NO-GO” decision, you will have an option to re-schedule your tour, receive a full refund or join another tour that is not affected by the day’s conditions. You may also choose “NO-GO” based on your comfort level.
The cornerstone of our kid-friendly offerings is our Touching Earth and Arts Camp that teaches children technical outdoor skills, leadership, and environmental ethics along with a deep appreciation of and connection with the world we inhabit.
For 2021, we ask parents to transport their own children, or in pod groups.
Our tours are designed to meet your needs and wishes. We like to serve you in a personal manner, so that you can get the most from your time on your trip.
We offer tailor-made trips for women, families with or without children, children with or without parents, and businesses seeking corporate, team-building experiences. We also feature trips for you and your canine companion.
Cross Country Skiing and Nordic Skating
Trips are planned throughout the winter – please see sidebar for dates. Some skis/boots/poles are available for rentals.