2016 Tours and Rates
For more than 8 years, Bold Paths Adventure Travel has offered a variety of standard trips built for a specific audience with activities tailored to the participants: women, families, children, golfers. We also leave a number of weekends and weeks free throughout the year to develop custom-built trip for individuals, families, community groups and businesses. Our well organized trips have the flexibility that allow you to create the experience you want. And our guides are committed to assisting you in meeting your personal or group goals for your trip. Individualized adventures and kayak instruction are available in addition to scheduled trips.
The following trips are scheduled for 2016
January 24 and 31, 2016: Cross Country Ski Instruction 12:30-3:30, Randolph Technical Center, Randolph, VT. Pre-registration
February 27-28, 2016: Women’s cross-country ski weekend, in Vermont with Women Outdoors. http://www.womenoutdoors.org
- March 5, 2016: Vermont Outdoor Women DOE Camp at the Hulbert Outdoor Center.
- May 2016: Watershed Awareness and Kayaking Kayak Instruction through the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Dartmouth.
- One academic morning class, plus two kayak adventures on the Connecticut River
- May-Sept 2016: kayaking adventures for previous Osher kayak course participants
- Memorial Day weekend: Women Outdoors Gathering at Sargent Camp in Hancock, NH
- June -September: Kayaking Tours and Instruction at Treasure Island, on Lake Fairlee. Rentals are also available.
- Kayaking tours on the Connecticut River: partial or full day trips, guiding available.
- Kayaking tours on other bodies of water
- By pre-arrangement
- July 23-24, 2016 National Park Service kayaking adventures with Boots to Boats, the Centennial project. Contact us for more info.
- Saturday July 23 : 10am hike the AT in Norwich, paddle the Connecticut River from Ledyard Canoe Club in Hanover 12:30
- Sunday July 24: kids and parents together: public free kayaking day at Wilder Picnic Area, aka Kilowatt North, in Wilder VT. 10-noon, noon-2pm, 2-4pm. email email@example.com to save your slot.
- August 13 River Splash Day with National Park Service Centennial Boots to Boats project. We have already taken 200 kayaking people out on the Connecticut River, and plan on many more this summer.The River Splash Day is at Kilowatt Park South, in Wilder VT, the boat launch just above the Wilder Dam. 11am-3pm Saturday August 13, come on over for free paddling–try out kayaks, canoes, and stand up paddleboards with LLBean, and meet exhibitors from organizations caring about the river.
- August dates 2017 Touching the Earth & Arts Camp – Based at our home campsite in S. Strafford, VT, this camp focuses on fiber arts and other natural arts, outdoor exploration, and gentle waters kayaking adventures with instruction. Kids may participate in one overnight primitive camping/kayaking trip on the Connecticut River. Gear provided. Transportation arranged from the Hanover area to camp in S. Strafford.
- August dates 2017: Touching the Earth & Arts Camp – Leadership training session for teens and adults. Five-day camping trip at Plum Island near Newburyport, MA.
- September 17-18, 2016, annual September trip:Women kayak trip 9.17-18.2016 on the Connecticut River, staying at Breakfast on the Connecticut B&B in Lyme, NH. ($125 Saturday, $70 Sunday, plus share of food costs)
- September, 2016: Watershed Awareness and Kayaking Kayak Instruction through the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Dartmouth.
- One academic morning class, plus two kayak adventures on the Connecticut River. Register at Osher at Dartmouth College.
- September: weekend women’s retreat based at our home campsite in S. Strafford, VT.
- BOOTS to BOATS Guide to National Park Service Centennial, hike the Appalachian Trail from Woodstock VT (Marsh Billings Rockefeller National Park) to Norwich, then paddle the Connecticut River Blueway to Cornish NH (St. Gaudens National Park), about 20 miles each leg.